Contest Name: Clear Channel Communications Boston – The Soccer Kick (the “Contest”)
Station(s): WJMN-FM / JAM’N 94.5 (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 10 Cabot Road, Suite 302, Medford, Ma 02155
Telephone: (781) 663-2500
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin Monday, July 12th, 2010 and end on or about Thursday, July 29th, 2010.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter: One Way to Enter:
Register by logging onto the Station’s website at www.JAMN945.com and follow the contest links to complete the on-line registration form. Deadline for registration is 11:59 p.m. on July 29, 2010. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. A total of 1 on-line qualifier will be selected to participate in the Grand Prize Event.
C. Grand Prize Event: On Saturday, July 31st, 2010 the Grand Prize Event will take place at PRIDE HONDA, 777 Lynnway, Lynn, Ma from Noon to 2pm. All qualifiers must be present to participate. No substitutes or stand-ins allowed. All qualifiers must comply with the Grand Prize Event Rules as described by Appendix A attached hereto ATTACH AMERICAN HOLE IN ONE OFFICIAL RULES.
A Grand Prize may or may not be awarded in this Contest, see Appendix A for details.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Preliminary Prize: 4-tickets to Water Country in Portsmouth, NH (approximate prize value: $147.96).
Grand Prize: A chance to win $20,000. See Appendix A for details. If a Grand Prize is awarded the value is either Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) as described in Appendix A of these rules.
Prizes provided by the Station.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 60 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents, at least 18-years old, as determined by the Company, and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA), as defined by Arbitron Inc. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to any minor. Unless otherwise stated above, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
Rules & Regulations
Clear Channel Communications
SOCCER TARGET KICK
CONDITIONAL PRIZE CONTEST
- Clear Channel Communications will conduct the contest on the date(s) listed above for a chance to win the following grand prize:
- Contest can be entered at tbd beginning 7/12/2010. No purchase necessary. Contestants may only enter once. One finalist(s) will be randomly selected on each contest date for the chance to win the grand prize. If any selected finalist cannot be reached by phone to confirm their selection, an alternate finalist may be selected. The selected finalist(s) must be present at the date and time specified by the contest sponsor to be eligible to win. If any selected finalist is not present at the time of the contest, that finalist will be eliminated from the contest, and will not be eligible to participate for the chance to win the grand prize. An alternate finalist will then be selected. Each and every finalist must sign the official finalist affidavit of eligibility form provided by contest supervisors immediately prior to their grand prize kick attempt.
- The One finalist(s) per event date will have the chance to win the grand prize by attempting to kick a soccer ball through a round target hole. Each contestant must kick the regulation soccer ball (supplied by contest administrator) a minimum distance through the target as indicated by contest administrators. IMPORTANT: Any contestant touching or crossing the distance marker will be disqualified and will not have another attempt. The soccer ball must pass completely through the target opening and land inside the netting that is behind the target opening without bouncing or coming in contact with any item, person, or surface that would alter or enhance the flight path of the soccer ball. The soccer ball must come to rest inside the netting behind the target in order to be considered a winning kick. If any finalist successfully kicks the soccer ball into the target and the soccer ball remains inside of the target, that contestant will win the grand prize. In the event of multiple winners, the grand prize will be split evenly among all contest winners.
- If there is a grand prize winner, the winner must come to Clear Channel Communications at a mutually agreed date and time at least 2 weeks prior to delivery of the grand prize.
- The contest is open to persons 18 years of age and older. Employees of Clear Channel Communications, other related sponsors and their immediate families may not participate and are not eligible to win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- Persons who have won another contest or promotion of any kind from Clear Channel Communications within 30 calendar days before the contest are ineligible to win.
- The following classes of people are ineligible to win:
- Current or former professional, semi-professional, olympic, or minor league football, soccer, or rugby players.
- Current or former high school varsity or collegiate football, soccer, or rugby players who have competed at that level within the past six (6) years.
- Current or former football, soccer, or rugby coaches who have coached at the highschool level within the past six (6) years.
- Please initial each of the above (3) conditions to confirm that you do not fit any of these classes.
- Difficulties with getting to locations to enter the contest are not the responsibility of Clear Channel Communications.
- As winner of the grand prize, you will be required to sign a release form before your prize will be awarded. You will be responsible for all applicable title fees, registration fees, and taxes including state, local, and federal and therefore must present a valid Social Security Card before claiming your prize.
- As a grand prize winner, you acknowledge that American Hole ‘n One and Clear Channel Communications, have the right to, without further authorization, publicize your name, character likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are a grand prize winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the contest. Void where prohibited.
- There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the contest and prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Clear Channel Communications. Another winner will not be selected.
- Clear Channel Communications reserves the right to make rule or contest changes without notice at any time. Clear Channel Communications also reserves the right to change the aforementioned contest date without notice.
- The decision of Clear Channel Communications management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official contest rules.
- If the winner is found in violation of these rules he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
- Clear Channel Communications, their representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of this prize.
- Clear Channel Communications, their representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in travel or prize delivery.
- The chance to win the grand prize includes:
3 finalist(s) will be randomly selected on each contest date for the chance to win. The selected finalist(s) will each attempt to kick a soccer ball completely through a target from a minimum distance as specified by contest officials. The soccer ball must land in the target on the fly and stay in the netting behind the target without coming into contact with any person or object. If any finalist successfully kicks the soccer ball in the target and it stays in without bouncing out, that finalist will win the grand prize. The prize does not cover any other expenses, including but not limited to tax. Clear Channel Communications is not responsible and provides no warranties regarding the use of the grand prize. Other restrictions may apply.
I have read, understood, accepted and agreed to all of the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions for participating in this contest. I confirm that I do not fit any of the personal classifications which I have initialed in item #7 of this waiver. I understand that in no way am I guaranteed any prize of any value and the only way I will win the grand prize is by successfully kicking the soccer ball through the target as required by the contest rules AND by meeting all of the criteria required by American Hole ‘n One Insurance.
CONTESTANT NAME _________________________________________________________
CITY _______________________________ STATE __________ ZIP _________________
HOME PHONE ________________________ WORK PHONE _______________________
SIGNATURE ________________________________________________ DATE __________