One of my passions in life is youth literacy. I believe that when children learn to read and love books at an early age, they have a huge advantage in life. Because of this, I would like to do my part by helping kids see how fun reading can be and to encourage them to read every day.
I will be going to schools and community organizations to read to kids and share some of my favorite children's books. If you're a teacher or community organizer and want me to come read to your kids, you can email your request to Pebbles@Jamn945.com.
CLICK HERE to go to my Pebbles Reading Rockstars blog with book recommendations, tips to make reading fun for your kids, and more!
With Mrs. Knight's Ladybugs, her first grade class at the Trotter School in Dorchester.
Miss Jenn's class at Kindercare in W. Bridgewater
I'm going to start my review like I always do, by letting you know (if you don't already) that I am a Twihard, and I'm totally obsessed with both the Twilight books and the movies. I tell you this because you need to know that my review is coming from a fan and not a critic judging it to view it's Oscar-worthiness because let's be honest, even we Twihards know this isn't Academy Award winning stuff. At the end of the day it's a love story with hot vampires and werewolves.
Now that that's out of the way...I've already seen the final movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2, twice! I really don't want to say to much in this review because out of all the Twilight movies, this is one where you don't want to see any of the spoilers. What I will tell you, is that I would give anything to be able to experience the "twist" in this movie again for the first time. I'm begging anyone who has already seen it not ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. And if you haven't seen it, as hard as it will be, stay off any websites that are talking about it as well as Facebook and Twitter. I promise you, you want your first time to hit you the way it's supposed to.
Breaking Dawn was my least favorite of all the books, so I really appreciate the liberties they took with the movie and for once, I think the movie is better than the book. That never happens with me! In my opinion, this is the best of all the movies.
Just a few other random thoughts on the series and Breaking Dawn, without giving anything away.
* I loved Bella as a vampire. I thought Kristen did a great job and even though every hates on her, I thought she was a great choice to play Bella.
* They finally got Alice's hair right! It has made me crazy over all the other films how Alice's hair never looked like I pictured it, and this time, I think it was perfect!
* The one thing I look forward to with Twilight being over is that Kellan Lutz can go back to being a blonde. He's hot in the movies, but he's so much hotter as a blonde!
* I will still never forgive the producers and directors for replacing the first Victoria. I like Bryce Dallas Howard as an actress, but she was NOT Victoria. Rachelle Lafevre will always be Victoria to me.
* I will always be grateful to the first director Catherine Hardwicke for finding Robert Pattinson. For the first few minutes that I saw him in the original movie I wasn't convinced. But by the time he said, "Hello. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen," I was in!
* I'm so happy that they never replaced Taylor Lautner after the first movie. There were rumor about that, but Taylor worked it out (literally) and became the hot Jacob we all came to know and love.
I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I hope you enjoy it when you get to see it, and it's the ending that you hoped for for the series. After you see it, let me know what you think!